Members of the Logistics Section are responsible for coordinating the internal department services and support functions that enable emergency responders and risk-reduction personnel to provide safe and effective services in the field.
Click on the links below to find out more about how logistics personnel support responders in providing quality, professional risk reduction and emergency response services.
Deputy Chief John Bourgeois, Logistics Section Chief
The Service Branch includes the Communications Group, Medical and Food Units, and operates from the Fire-EMS Communications Center on the second floor of Fire Headquarters, 400 Walnut at Mulberry.
The Communications Group is responsible for the following functions:
- All-hazards emergency 9-1-1 dispatch and deployment
- Radio systems coordination, maintenance and testing
- Computer-aided dispatch and mobile computer terminal coordination
- Geographic Information System mapping coordination
- Sabine-Neches Chief’s Association Regional Response Coordination Center
- After-hours call-out for city departments
The Support Branch includes the Purchasing Group, Supply and Ground Support Group, and Certification and Training Group, and operates from offices at Fire Headquarters, 400 Walnut at Mulberry.
The Fire Purchasing Group is responsible for the following:
- Bid and vendor coordination
- Requisition and purchase order entry and processing
- Invoice and check request processing
- Inventory maintenance and coordination
- Procurement card administration and audit
If you are interested in becoming a vendor with the City of Beaumont, visit the City’s Vendor Information page.
Supply & Ground Support Group
The Supply and Ground Support Group is responsible for the following:
- TCFP Personal Protective Equipment Advanced Inspection Program administration and coordination
- Supplies and small equipment ordering, tracking and delivery
- Inventory control: company store management and administration
- Facilities maintenance coordination for 13 department properties
- Equipment maintenance coordination
- Apparatus maintenance coordination
- Routine maintenance of Fire Headquarters and the Fire Museum of Texas
Certification & Training Group
Members of the Certification and Training Group administer travel and training requests, authorizations and expense reports, coordinate the drills and exercises, performance benchmarking, and college reimbursement programs. They also administer the following certification and continuing education programs: