Become a Beaumont Fire Cadet
Join One of the Most Celebrated Public Service Teams in Texas. Why Us: Great Starting Salary + Incentive Pay * Promotion & Job Enrichment Opportunities * Personal Protective Equipment & Uniform Stipends * Leave, Retirement + Insurance Benefits
There are four phases to the Fire Cadet program. Are you up for the challenge?
PHASE ONE: APPLICANT
The First Step to becoming a Beaumont Fire-Rescue Firefighter Cadet includes meeting the minimum qualifications.
To apply for a Beaumont Fire-Rescue Fire Cadet position, candidates must meet the following initial qualifications.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age to take the written examination and must not be thirty-six (36) years of age or older on start date of employment.
- Be a graduate of an accredited High School or have an equivalency certificate (GED).
- Must possess or have the capability to obtain a valid Texas Driver’s License by start date of employment.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Have a current National Registry Certification and able to obtain an EMT, EMT-A or EMT Paramedic License with Texas Department of State Health Services by start date of employment.
- Be able to read, write and speak the English Language.
PHASE TWO: APPLICANT TO CADET
After meeting the minimum requirements and successfully passing the entrance exam, applicants must complete a series of tests and assessments:
- Perform 1 Minute Sit-Up Test – Minimum – 26 sit-ups.
- Recover 5 minutes.
- Perform 300 Meter Run – Time Limit – 81 seconds.
- Recover 5-10 minutes.
- Perform 1 Minute Push-Up Test – Minimum – 20 push-ups.
- Recover 5 Minutes
- Perform 1.5 Mile Run Test – Time Limit – 16:39
- Aerial Ladder Climb – 100’ at a 75-degree angle
PHASE THREE: CADET
After successfully completing steps one and two Firefighter Cadets will be appointed to the LIT Fire Academy by the Fire Chief. These individuals will undergo a semester of extensive academic and physical training.
PHASE FOUR: SWORN IN
After completing the LIT Fire Academy and successfully passing TCFP State Examination Cadet will be officially sworn in as TCFP Firefighter/EMT in the Beaumont Fire-Rescue. After officially being sworn in Firefighters one-year probationary period begins.