Knox Box Program
Protect your investment: a seamless solution for your business or home.
KNOX-BOX Rapid Entry Systems
With the KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System, there is no waiting for a property owner to unlock the door in the middle of the night, and no forcing the door open to gain entry. Property owners store entrance keys, access cards, and floor plans in high-security KNOX-BOX® key boxes mounted near the building entrances.
Each KNOX-BOX® purchased by the property owner is keyed to a single master key. The master key is securely controlled, with each use tracked by the fire department.
- Key boxes are required in all new commercial construction and in existing commercial structures requesting a change in occupancy.
- Gated properties with life safety access concerns: Electronic entry gates securing gated communities and other properties are required to install a Knox electronic switch or manually operated gates that require fire department access are required to install a Knox padlock.
KNOX-BOX® prices vary, starting at approximately $250. Orders may be made at Knoxbox.com.
Important: When you order, be sure to specify the installation jurisdiction is “Beaumont, TX.” After the order is placed, Knox will contact the Fire Marshall’s Office for approval. If you don’t hear from them in 10 days, please reach out to 409-880-3905 or email [email protected].
10 Great Reasons to Install a KNOX-BOX at Your Facility
- The KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System reduces response time, property damage and liability for lost keys.
- The system eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your deductible.
- It ensures immediate building entry by firefighters, without delay or waiting for building keys.
- It protects inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage if sprinklers activate.
- It saves time and aggravation. You won’t have to drive to your establishment at 2 am for a false alarm.
- You can feel secure about emergency response coverage when your building is unattended.
- You can maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by re-locking the undamaged door.
- It protects your property from thousands of dollars in damage with a one-time, low cost investment.
- It satisfies local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- You can depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.